[TYPES/announce] The Science of Deep Specification

Andrew Appel appel at cs.princeton.edu
Thu Jan 7 18:34:27 EST 2016

The U.S. National Science Foundation has just announced this year's three
Expeditions in Computing, their major, high-profile, "flagship" grants; including:

The Science of Deep Specification
Andrew W. Appel, Adam Chlipala, Benjamin Pierce, Zhong Shao, Stephanie Weirich, Steve Zdancewic
(Princeton, Penn, Yale, MIT)

This 5-year "Expedition" will focus on specification and verification of software and hardware in Coq .
We invite you to browse the DeepSpec web site, http://deepspec.org
to learn more of our plans.

We invite participation from the community of researchers
interested in software specification and functional-correctness verification,
both in the U.S. and around the world, both in academia and industry.
We will be looking for postdocs and PhD students, and visitors.

Andrew W. Appel
Princeton University