[TYPES/announce] Workshop: S-REPLS 3

Scott Owens S.A.Owens at kent.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 10:02:34 EST 2016

This is probably of interest for people in the UK, but of course people from outside are welcome to attend too.

What: A programming language seminar, S-REPLS 3 (https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/events/s-repls3/)
When: 21 April, 2016
Where: University of Kent, Canterbury
Who: Invited talk by Derek Dreyer, submitted talks (abstracts due 21 March)
How much: registration is free, and lunch will be provided.

The South of England Regional Programming Language Seminar (S-REPLS) is a
regular and informal meeting based in the South of England for those with an
interest in the semantics and implementation of programming languages. The
third meeting, S-REPLS 3, will take place at the University of Kent in
Canterbury on 21 April, 2016. It will follow the low-overhead formula of the
previous meetings at Cambridge and Middlesex. Derek Dreyer will give an invited
talk, and we solicit proposals for 15 or 30 minute talks from attendees.

To submit a talk proposal, please email S.A.Owens at kent.ac.uk with a brief
abstract about and preferred length by 21 March. Talks about any PL-related
topics are welcome, and at any stage of development (from promising ideas to
work submitted for publication).

The workshop will start at 11:45am on Kent's campus in Canterbury (Grimond
building, Lecture theatre 2), and last until 6pm. To attend, please fill in
this Doodle poll (http://doodle.com/poll/w6dgbuqd7irayn9r) indicating your
attendance. We are organising a dinner in Canterbury afterward: we ask that
those interested in attending indicate so on the Doodle poll. Please email any
dietary restrictions for the provided lunch to S.A.Owens at kent.ac.uk.

Travel: High-speed trains run from London St Pancras to Canterbury West
station, and take 56 minutes. Kent's campus is then a short taxi journey from
the station, or a 30-35 minute (uphill, but pleasant) walk. Those wishing to
drive to the seminar should email the organisers (S.A.Owens at kent.ac.uk) to get
parking sorted out. More travel details will appear on the S-REPLS 3 website
nearer the workshop.

Also of potential interest: we are hosting the Kent Concurrency Workshop in
Kent on 21 and 22 July, 2016 (https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/events/kcw/). This is
the latest in a series of annual Concurrency Workshops that first started in
London in 2009. Other editions have been held at Imperial (2015), York (2014),
and Oxford (2012), etc.