[TYPES/announce] Junior researcher position at MPI-SWS

Rupak Majumdar rupak at mpi-sws.org
Wed Mar 30 17:28:24 EDT 2016

The Rigorous Software Engineering group of the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems
is inviting applications for a Junior Research Group leader position.
Our Junior Research Group program offers young scientists the opportunity to develop their own research program addressing important
problems in all areas of formal methods, including model checking and algorithmic analysis of systems, program analysis, probabilistic and
hybrid systems (cyber-physical systems), and theoretical foundations.

Applicants must have completed a doctoral degree in computer science or related areas and must have demonstrated
outstanding research vision and potential to successfully lead a research group.
Successful candidates are expected to build a highly visible research agenda, to mentor junior scientists, and to
participate in collaborative projects.
The position is funded for 5 years.

The Max Planck Institute for Software Systems is located in Kaiserslautern and Saarbruecken in Germany.
We maintain an open, international, and diverse work environment and seek applications from outstanding
researchers regardless of national origin.
Our working language is English.
We collaborate with several major research institutions worldwide and have high international visibility.
There is generous travel, administrative, and technical support available for all group members.

Please apply at https://apply.mpi-sws.org/ <https://apply.mpi-sws.org/> under ``Faculty Applications'', select ``Software Verification and Engineering''
as the field and mention ``Junior Research Group program'' in the field specialization.
You need to upload your CV, a research plan, an optional teaching statement, and 3-5 references.
Please contact rupak at mpi-sws.org <mailto:rupak at mpi-sws.org> with any questions.

Reviewing of applications will commence on 20 April 2016 and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by this deadline.

The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities and expressly welcomes them to apply.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the percentage of women in the areas where they are underrepresented and expressly welcomes them to apply.

Rupak Majumdar
Max Planck Institute for Software Systems,
Paul-Ehrlich-Str 26,
67663 Kaiserslautern
Germany
Email: rupak at mpi-sws.org <mailto:rupak at mpi-sws.org>