[TYPES/announce] Call for papers for David Turner's Festschrift issue of JUCS

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 5 04:07:30 EDT 2016

Friends
David Turner was one of the two people who changed my life by introducing me to functional programming (*).   David designed and implemented a succession of functional languages, Sasl, KRC, and Miranda, that made lazy functional programming into a tool you could use to get work done.  They all used SK-combinator reduction in their implementations, a technique of irresistibly simple beauty, invented by Curry and Feys, but refined and popularised by David.
For David’s 70th birthday, the Journal of Universal Computer Science is running a special Festschrift issue on “Functional programming: past, present, and future” in David’s honour.
The Call for Papers is attached.  Here’s the timetable.

·         1 July 2016: Paper submissions.

·         1 September 2016: Author notification.

·         1 October, 2016: Revised version due.

·         15 October 2016: Final notification.

·         30 October 2016: Camera Ready Copy.

Do consider submitting a paper.

Simon

(*) Arthur Norman was the other.