[TYPES/announce] postdoc position in semantics and effects

Paul B Levy P.B.Levy at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 12:02:07 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work on an
EPSRC-funded project "Recursion, Guarded Recursion and Computational
Effects".

http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/N023757/1

We shall be investigating fine-grained typed calculi and operational,
denotational and categorical semantics for languages that combine either
guarded or general recursion and type recursion with a range of
computational effects.  This will build on existing work such as
call-by-push-value and Nakano's guarded recursion calculus.

The successful candidate will have a PhD in programming language
semantics or a related discipline, and an ability to conduct
collaborative mathematical research.  Knowledge of operational and
denotational semantics, category theory, type theory and related
subjects are all desirable.

You will work with me (principal investigator) and Neelakantan
Krishnaswami (co-investigator) as part of the Theoretical Computer
Science group at the University of Birmingham.

The position lasts from 1 October 2016 until 30 September 2019.

You can read more and apply for the job at

http://tinyurl.com/projguarded

Don't hesitate to contact me informally to discuss this position.

The closing date is soon: 22 May 2016.

Reference: 54824
Grade point 7
Starting salary £28,982 a year, in a range up to £37,768 a year.

Best regards,
Paul

--
Paul Blain Levy
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham