[TYPES/announce] Verification of randomized algorithms: open PhD/post doc position

Tobias Nipkow nipkow at in.tum.de
Mon Apr 18 02:58:37 EDT 2016

We are looking for a Ph.D. student or postdoctoral researcher to work on the
analysis of randomized algorithms in the theorem prover Isabelle.

We shall be investigating programming logics for randomized algorithms, case
studies, and the formalization of probability theory. We will build on the
existing formalization of probability theory in Isabelle.

The successful candidate will have a strong background in one of the following
two areas
- verification
- randomized algorithms
and basic knowledge of the other area and will be keen to bridge the gap between
them.

The position will be filled as soon as possible.

Please send your formal application (including the usual material and the names
of two references) or informal enquiry directly to me.

Best regards,
Tobias Nipkow
http://www.in.tum.de/~nipkow/