[TYPES/announce] PhD position in Formal Modelling and Verification for High Assurance

Roberto Guanciale robertog at kth.se
Tue Apr 26 09:55:44 EDT 2016

We are seeking candidates for a PhD position in the department of computer
science at KTH Royal Institute of Technology. The position is fully funded and
is part of a larger research project led by Professor Mads Dam.
Our research vision is to produce embedded software platforms that have
mathematically guaranteed security properties through the use of formal modelling and verification.

We are looking for highly-qualified students that can contribute to the work on formal modelling
of processor microarchitecture and on software verification. The student will be involved in
(i) modelling the effects of low-level system components using interactive theorem provers,
(ii) validating the formal models by checking their adherence with the real hardware,
and (iii) verifying the effectiveness of new and existing countermeasures for the security threats that exploit the system components.

KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm is the largest and oldest technical university in Sweden.
No less than one-third of Sweden’s technical research and engineering education capacity at university level is provided by KTH.

The application deadline is 30 May 2016. The starting date is open for discussion.
Ideally we would like the successful candidate to start September 2016.

The full advertisement can be found at

https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:98977/where:4/

Roberto Guanciale