[TYPES/announce] Two fully-funded PhD positions at Imperial College London on correct and efficient programming of concurrent and parallel systems

Alastair Donaldson alastair.donaldson at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 5 17:02:36 EDT 2016

Dear all

I'd be grateful if you could pass this on to anyone you think might be
interested.  Apologies for multiple copies.

[Closing date: 31 May 2016.]

I seek applications for two PhD student positions in my Multicore
Programming Group at Imperial College London
(http://www.multicore.doc.ic.ac.uk), in the area of correct and
efficient programming for concurrent and parallel systems.  For more
information, including details of topics of interest, see
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~afd/PhDAdvert.pdf.

The posts are fully-funded (covering fees and stipend) for UK and EU
students.  Unfortunately, non-EU students are not eligible for this funding.

Applicants should have, or expect to soon be awarded, a Masters-level
qualification, with distinction, in Computer Science, or a related
discipline.

The start date for the posts can be October 2016 or April 2017.

The Department of Computing at Imperial provides a vibrant and
stimulating research environment in the heart of London, with leading
research groups working on programming languages, verification and
testing.  The department is consistently recognised by high research
ratings. In the 2014 REF assessment, the department was ranked third
(1st in the Research Intensity table published by The Times Higher), and
was rated as "Excellent" in the previous national assessment of teaching
quality.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss these opportunities.

Best wishes

Ally Donaldson