[TYPES/announce] PhD or Postdoc in Semantics Engineering for Language Designer's Workbench at TU Delft

Eelco Visser eelcovis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:31:37 EDT 2016

We have open positions for PhD students and Postdocs in the Programming
Languages group of Eelco Visser <http://eelcovisser.org> at TU Delft. If
you would like to provide a contribution to our work on language
engineering, semantics engineering, and/or language design in the context
of the Language Designer's Workbench
<http://eelcovisser.org/wiki/projects/ldwb> project and the Spoofax
Language Workbench <http://spoofax.org>, and you have a strong background
in programming languages, language engineering, and/or verification you are
most welcome to apply. Please include a motivation letter explaining how
you could contribute and a CV showing your background.

In the project we are exploring a new approach to type systems and name
binding based on the scope graph framework (ESOP 2015, ETAPS best paper),
which we use as the basis for static name resolution and a uniform model
for memory in dynamic semantics (ECOOP 2016); see links to publications
below.

Candidates are expected to start in the Fall of 2016 and applications are
due August 7, 2016

For more information see

https://department.st.ewi.tudelft.nl/jobs/job/5/phd-or-postdoc-in-semantics-engineering

-- Eelco Visser

Professor of Computer Science, TU Delft

http://eelcovisser.org

The Language Designers Workbench
http://eelcovisser.org/wiki/projects/ldwb

## Publications

Scopes describe Frames: A uniform model for memory layout in dynamic
semantics (ECOOP16)
http://researchr.org/publication/PoulsenFrames2016

A constraint language for static semantic analysis based on scope graphs
(PEPM16)
http://researchr.org/publication/AntwerpenNTVW16

A theory of name resolution (ESOP 2015)
http://researchr.org/publication/NeronTVW-ESOP-2015

DynSem: A DSL for Dynamic Semantics Specification (RTA 2015)
http://researchr.org/publication/VerguNV15

A language designer's workbench: A one-stop-shop for implementation and
verification of language designs (Onward! 2014)
http://researchr.org/publication/VisserOnward14

IceDust: Incremental and eventual computation of derived values in
persistent object graphs (ECOOP16)
http://researchr.org/publication/HarkesIceDust2016

Unifying and generalizing relations in role-based data modeling and
navigation (SLE 2014)
http://researchr.org/publication/HarkesV14