[TYPES/announce] Postdoctoral position in programming languages at U Tuebingen

Klaus Ostermann klaus.ostermann at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Aug 19 05:40:45 EDT 2016

I'm pleased to announce that we have an open position for a  Postdoc in
programming languages.
The position is for up to 36 months and can start on January 1, 2017 or
later. The position is
part of the chair on programming languages and software technology in
the department of
computer science at the University of Tuebingen in Germany.

The position is not bound to a particular project or research topic,
hence it enables the Postdoc to build his
or her own research field and lay the foundation for an academic or
industrial research career. We
have a generous budget for traveling and equipment and will provide the
opportunity to participate
in a range of research projects in our group. The Postdoc will have the
opportunity to form his/her
own research group and participate in the supervision of PhD students.

Topics that are of particular interest for this position include:
Probabilistic programming,
type and module systems, domain-specific languages, programming language
design, programming
education, generative programming, programming techniques, programming
and theorem proving.

Applicants for the postdoctoral position should have a PhD (or be close
to completion) in computer science,
with a track record of high quality publications in programming
languages. Fluency in German is
not a requirement; the working language in our research group is English.