[TYPES/announce] PhD positions available at Stanford University

Clark Barrett barrett at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:27:18 EDT 2016

I am looking for a few new PhD students to join my group at Stanford
University.

We work on automated reasoning and its application to things like hardware
and software verification and security.  Many of our projects involve the
development or application of solvers for Satisfiability Modulo Theories
(SMT).

Current projects include: using SMT to find security vulnerabilities in
Google code; verifying a new memory model for JavaScript; using SMT for
hardware verification and layout optimization; and using SMT to reason
about neural networks.

If you are interested, please do not contact me directly, but instead apply
directly by following the instructions at:
http://www-cs.stanford.edu/admissions/general-information

The deadline for applications is December 6, 2016.

Clark Barrett