[TYPES/announce] Categories Logic and Physics Scotland 30 November

Chris Heunen chris.heunen at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 04:42:39 EST 2016

CATEGORIES LOGIC AND PHYSICS SCOTLAND
Wednesday 30 November 2016
Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/cheunen/clapscotland/

Following our successful meeting in April, we are pleased to announce the
second workshop in the CLAP Scotland series:

* Tom Avery (University of Edinburgh):
   "Notions of algebraic theory"
* Kevin Dunne (University of Strathclyde)
* Martti Karvonen (University of Edinburgh):
   "Dagger categories: monads and limits"
* Ulrich Kraehmer (University of Glasgow):
   "What is a quantum symmetry?"
* Dan Marsden (University of Oxford):
   "Custom hypergraph categories via generalized relations"
* Tarmo Uustalu (Talinn University of Technology):
   "Grading monads, comonads, and distributive laws"

Registration is free. For catering purposes, please email the local
organiser <ross.duncan at strath.ac.uk> as soon as possible if you plan to
attend.

Best wishes,
Chris Heunen and Ross Duncan