[TYPES/announce] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader positions in Security & Privacy, Artificial Intelligence at Edinburgh

James Cheney james.cheney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 05:28:43 EST 2017

Dear TYPES/announce,

The School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh is hiring in the
following areas relevant to / overlapping with types and verification:

* Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Security & Privacy

https://www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_
jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=037885

Types, verification and programming languages have well-known applications
to security & privacy.  Our current Security & Privacy group covers
"applied and theoretical cryptography, software security, human factors,
protocol analysis, verification and quantum/post-quantum cryptography."

For further details of the S&P group see: http://web.inf.ed.ac.uk/
security-privacy

* Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Artificial Intelligence

https://www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_
jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=038357

This includes research on AI based on "human-intelligible [symbolic]
representations", "logical inference", "explanation and justification of
decisions" and "verification of AI systems", and does not mean "machine
learning" - we have a separate search going on for that.

For further details of the AI group (CISA) see:
http://web.inf.ed.ac.uk/cisa/

--James