[TYPES/announce] SD 2017 Final CfP: Structures & Deduction, Oxford 8-9 Sep. (deadline 16 jun)

Anupam Das anupamdotdas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 06:27:19 EDT 2017

*** Final Call for papers: Structures and Deduction 2017 ***

SD17: 4th Int. Workshop on Structures and Deduction 2017

Oxford, 8-9 September 2017 --- Affiliated with FSCD 2017

   Submission:   16 June
   Notification: 21 July

   Workshop page:    http://www.anupamdas.com/sd17/
   Submission page:  http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sd17

   FSCD 2017 page:   http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/conferences/fscd2017/

*** Topics of interest ***

* Syntactic representations of proofs
   (e.g. sequent calculi, deep inference, focussing)
* Combinatorial representations of proofs (e.g. proof nets)
* Algebraic representations of proofs
   (e.g. via game semantics or category theory)
* Methods for proof manipulation and normal forms of proofs
* Formulas-as-types interpretations of proofs
* Computation and rewriting in proof search
   (e.g. deduction modulo or fixed point definitions)
* Complexity theoretic aspects of proof representations

*** Invited Speakers ***

   Bahareh Afshari
   David Baelde
   Stefano Berardi
   Claudia Nalon
   Michel Parigot

*** Programme Committee ***

   Andrea Aler Tubella
   James Brotherston
   Kaustuv Chaudhuri
   Anupam Das
   Willem Heijltjes
   Kenji Miyamoto
   Giselle Reis

*** Workshop ***

SD17 is the fourth in a series of meetings that brings together
researchers in different areas of proof theory. The main
interest is in new algebraic and geometric results in proof
theory which expand our abilities to manipulate proofs, help to
reduce bureaucracy in deductive systems, and ultimately lead to
new methods for proof search and new kinds of proof
certificates.

There have been three previous editions of Structures and
Deduction, the last of which occurred in 2014. Since then there
has been a tremendous amount of progress in the area, witnessed
by multiple recent funded projects. As well as theoretical work
in the form of regular papers, we encourage submission of
implementations, tools and system descriptions.

*** Submission guidelines ***

We welcome submission of work that has already been published or
currently submitted to a journal or conference. The following
submission categories are welcome:

* Extended abstracts (6-8 pages).
   Finished work, system descriptions, surveys.
* Short abstracts (2-4 pages).
   Work-in-progress, perspectives on existing work.

The page limits above are only recommendations, there is no hard
upper or lower bound, within reason.

   Style files: http://www.easychair.org/publications/for_authors

   Submission page: http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sd17

*** Publication ***

We do not intend to have published proceedings, as we encourage
people to present work in progress, or material that is already
submitted. If there is a strong demand among the participants we
may organise a special issue of an open access journal for full
papers.

*** Contact ***

We can be reached by email directly or via

   sd17 at easychair.org

The organisers.

Kaustuv Chaudhuri
Anupam Das