[TYPES/announce] Call for Participation: Facebook’s Testing and Verification Symposium (FaceTAV 2017)

O'Hearn, Peter p.ohearn at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 11:29:52 EDT 2017

Facebook is hosting a two day Facebook Testing and Verification Symposium (FaceTAV) 2017 at its London office on November 6th and 7th, 2017. FaceTAV is open to all testing and verification practitioners and researchers and it is free to attend.

The symposium aims to build meaningful collaboration and exchange between Testing and Verification scientific research and between academia and industry. You will hear from and network with world-leading scientists and engineers from universities, research centres and companies.

We want to retain a symposium feel to promote interaction, discussion and networking, so we hope you will understand that space therefore has to be limited to ensure this. To avoid disappointment, please submit your registration request today. Please note that a registration request does not confirm a place at the symposium. Registration requests will be processed within two weeks of submission and we will notify you, via email, to let you know whether we have been able to accept your registration request, given the number limitation (we will let you know either way, of course).

Registration for the event will close on September 14th. Please submit your registration request via the website (https://facetavlondon2017.splashthat.com/?preview).

Confirmed speakers and their topics:

Jade Alglave, UCL/Microsoft, UK: Weak memory models and/or testing for hardware

Sam Blackshear: Facebook London, UK: Thread safety or compositional analysis at scale

Antonia Bertolino, CNR, Italy: A survey of advances in software testing

Marsha Chechik, University of Toronto, Canada: Scalable verification

Philippa Gardner, Imperial College London UK: Separation logic for scalable verification

Tony Hoare, Microsoft Cambridge, UK: Perspectives on testing and verification

Daniel Kroening, DiffBlue, Oxford, UK: Verification and Testing at DiffBlue

Claire Le Goues, CMU, USA: Advances in automated software repair

Ke Mao, Facebook, London, UK: Sapienz automated testing

Corina Pasareanu, NASA AMES and CMU, USA: Compositional verification and testing

Caitlin Sadowski, Google, USA: Static analysis at Google

Federica Sarro, UCL, UK: Fault prediction

Michael Tautschnig, Amazon: Formal Verification at Amazon

Sincerely,

FaceTAV co-chairs,
Mark Harman and Peter O'Hearn