[TYPES/announce] Two postdocs at Imperial, with Cristian Cadar and Alastair Donaldson, on "Automatically Detecting and Surviving Exploitable Compiler Bugs"

Alastair Donaldson alastair.donaldson at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Sep 24 17:43:45 EDT 2017

Dear all

Cristian Cadar and I are hiring for two postdoc positions on a new
project, /Automatically Detecting and Surviving Exploitable
Compiler Bugs. /The research will focus on understanding the extent to
which compiler bugs — where a compiler silently emits incorrect code —
are a threat to the reliability and security of critical infrastructure,
and on methods for mitigating this threat by detecting potential issues
ahead of time, or by detecting and surviving problems live, in a
production environment.
/
/The closing date for applicants is:

** 18 October 2017 **

and here is a link to the advert:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BEJ412/two-research-associates-postdoctoral-in-software-testing-security-and-programming-languages/

As well as strong computing background, with a PhD or equivalent
qualification held or pending, we're looking experience in at least one
of testing, security, and practical aspects of programming languages
(such as compiler design and implementation).

Please contact me (alastair.donaldson at imperial.ac.uk) or Cristian
(c.cadar at imperial.ac.uk) if you'd like to discuss these opportunities
before the closing date.  And please spread the word to potentially
interested candidates!

Thanks

Alastair Donaldson