[TYPES/announce] Job opening at Symbiont in New York City

Pinku Surana pinku.surana at symbiont.io
Mon Oct 30 13:49:20 EDT 2017

Symbiont is developing a permissioned blockchain platform. Customers
can deploy and execute autonomous programs on a secure decentralized
network. It is imperative these programs are correct. Recent bugs in
Ethereum programs have resulted in millions of dollars in losses. Our
customers are eager to explore new technologies to minimize these
risks. We are developing a programming language and tool suite that
employ advances in type theory and formal verification.

We are actively looking for individuals with demonstrated experience
designing and implementing advanced type systems and/or formal
verification techniques. We are interested in exploring dependent and
refinement types, theorem provers like Z3 and Lean, and proof
assistants like Coq and Agda. Of course, we are open to exploring any
techniques to achieve our goal of helping developers write safer
programs. This is an opportunity to apply cutting-edge research ideas
to real-world problems.

Symbiont (http://www.symbiont.io) is a venture-backed startup in New
York City, USA. We prefer candidates in NYC, but have hired
exceptional candidates working remotely. For more information please
contact Pinku Surana (pinku.surana at symbiont.io) and Evan Wagner
(evan.wagner at symbiont.io).

--
(©) 2017 Symbiont.io, Inc. Proprietary and Confidential Information.