[TYPES/announce] EPIT 2018 Software Verification Spring School, first CfP

David Baelde david.baelde at lsv.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Nov 28 05:26:13 EST 2017

EPIT 2018 Software Verification Spring School

When: May 7-11, 2018
Where: Centre Paul-Langevin in Aussois, France
Web: https://projects.lsv.fr/epit18/

EPIT (École de Printemps en Informatique
Théorique) is a long series of Spring schools in
theoretical computer science, initiated by Maurice
Nivat in 1973. Since then, it has covered various
fields of computer science, and has been a key
event where young researchers meet.

The theme of the 2018 school is software
verification. The need for software verification
in our information society has been recognized as
early as in the ’70s and it is an
ever-more-important concern today. Over the past
decades, it has driven exciting research in
various fields of theoretical computer science
such as logic, automata, type systems, algorithms
and complexity. Recently, verification techniques
have seen rapid development and industrial
adoptions, notably following the SMT revolution.

The school will cover several fundamental aspects
of software verification:

– SMT solvers, by Pascal Fontaine (LORIA)
– Program verification with F*, by Cătălin Hriţcu (Inria Paris)
– Bounded model-checking, by Gennaro Parlato (University of Southampton)
– Concurrent program logics, by Viktor Vafeiadis (MPI Kaiserslautern)

More information may be found on our website
<https://projects.lsv.fr/epit18/>. Details such as
registration will be announced later.

Spread the word and save the date!

—

The organizers,
David Baelde (LSV, ENS Paris-Saclay)
Constantin Enea (IRIF, Université Paris Diderot)