[TYPES/announce] Postdoc at Imperial College London on detecting and surviving exploitable compiler bugs

Alastair Donaldson alastair.donaldson at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jan 14 18:22:36 EST 2018

Dear all

I'd be really grateful if you could spread the word about the following
postdoc opportunity related to compiler validation.

Many thanks

Ally Donaldson

Cristian Cadar and I are looking to hire a postdoctoral researcher* for
a position on a new EPSRC grant about detecting and surviving
exploitable compiler bugs
(http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/R011605/1) - bugs
in compilers whose presence can render an otherwise reliable piece of
software vulnerable to attack.  The project features collaboration with
Codeplay and Altran as partners, and is joint between the Software
Reliability Group and the Multicore Programming Group at Imperial.

Full details of the vacancy are here:

https://srg.doc.ic.ac.uk/vacancies/postdoc-comp-18/

Please get in touch with me or Cristian if you are thinking of applying
and would like to discuss the position in advance.

Best wishes

Ally Donaldson

*We will also consider oustanding pre-doctoral candidates.