[TYPES/announce] IOHK is hiring six PLT engineers

Philip Wadler wadler at inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 18:48:11 EST 2018

IOHK is hiring six Programming Language Theory engineers, to design and
implement the smart contract language Plutus and related domain specific
languages. Designing scripting languages for smart contracts is a
challenging topic, as it is crucial to avoid the sort of exploits that
regularly drain Ethereum of tens of millions of dollars worth of
cryptocurrency. I am one of the lead designers; two others are Duncan
Coutts and Manuel Chakravarty, who are well known to many in this community.

IOHK is one of the leading cryptocurrency firms. Much of its software is
implemented in Haskell. All work is open source and publication is
encouraged. Indeed, IOHK is unique in that it is committed to basing its
development on peer-reviewed research, in cryptography and security as well
as in programming languages and formal methods. As Charles Hoskinson,
IOHK's CEO, points out, if IOHK succeeds it may impact how software is
developed, encouraging others to more seriously consider functional
programming, formal methods, and peer-review. IOHK is a distributed
company: I am in Edinburgh and Rio de Janeiro; Duncan is in London; Manuel
is in Sydney; you may work from wherever you like.

Further details here:
  https://iohk.io/careers/#op-235152-functional-compiler-engineer-

You can apply at the site above. Please write to me if you have further
questions. Yours, -- P

.   \ Philip Wadler, Professor of Theoretical Computer Science,
.   /\ School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
.  /  \ and Senior Research Fellow, IOHK
. http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/