[TYPES/announce] Two postdoc positions at Imperial: “Security Analysis for Graphics Drivers”, and “Programming Language and System Support for High-Performance Data Processing”

Alastair Donaldson alastair.donaldson at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 12:12:01 EST 2018

I'd be really grateful if you could pass this on to folks who might be
interested, and apologies for multiple copies!

I'm pleased to announce two 2.5 year postdoc openings in my research
group at Imperial (closing date for both posts is 30 March 2018):

- One is on "Programming Language and System Support for
High-Performance Data Processing", and is joint with my colleague Dr
Jana Giceva.  We want to investigate novel intermediate representation
for flexible yet high-performance data processing on modern
accelerators, together with surrounding compiler, runtime and
verification support.  The breadth of the project allows for some
flexibility in the profile of applicants; e.g. candidates with a
background in one of high performance computing, operating systems,
compilers, or formal verification / testing could be a good fit for the
project.

- The other is on "Security Analysis for Graphics Drivers".  It is
partly a collaboration with the Google Chrome GPU team, and will focus
on using novel testing techniques to find defects in graphics drivers
(and the components of web browsers and operating systems that interface
with graphics drivers) that may pose a security threat.  I wrote a short
blog post about this work
(https://medium.com/@afd_icl/security-analysis-of-graphics-drivers-14214a2d3189)
and it also relates to some work my group have been doing for a while on
automated testing for graphics shader compilers.  This position would be
a great fit for someone with a compilers background, or with a
testing/verification/security background. Equally, the position would be
well-suited to someone with expertise in real-time graphics rendering
who is keen to learn about reliability and security issues.

Both are postdoc posts, but I'll consider excellent pre-doc candidates too.

Links to the adverts are at the top of my group page:

http://multicore.doc.ic.ac.uk/

Please get in touch if these interest you and you'd like to chat informally.

Thanks

Ally Donaldson