[TYPES/announce] Phd/PostDoc position on linear types and session types

Peter Thiemann thiemann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Apr 10 10:51:27 EDT 2018

The programming languages group at University of Freiburg, Germany, has an opening for a research assistant to work on a DFG-funded project to create a version of OCaml with linear types and session types to start on July 1, 2018. The project entails work on the theory and on an implementation with the weighting adjusted according to the candidate’s profile, which would ideally complement the current group members. The position can be filled with a PhD student or with a PostDoc and we welcome applications of either kind.

I am looking for strong candidates with PL background, preferably with demonstrated experience in functional programming and types. Background with OCaml and/or proof assistants (Coq, Agda) is an additional bonus.

JOB DETAILS AND APPLICATION

The salary is according to the TV-L E13 scale of German public service.

The university of Freiburg aims at increasing the number of female employees and thus especially welcomes applications of female candidates.

Applications of disabled candidates will be given priority, depending on their suitability.

Applications in PDF format or informal enquiries by email are welcome. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The starting date is negotiable.

Check our research webpage http://proglang.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/research/ or the DBLP publication profile http://dblp.dagstuhl.de/pers/hd/t/Thiemann:Peter for more information.

Best regards
-Peter Thiemann