[TYPES/announce] Call for Participation: DeepSpec Workshop @ PLDI 2018

Stephanie Weirich sweirich at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 24 09:36:00 EDT 2018

# CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

DeepSpec Workshop @ PLDI 2018

Philadelphia, PA, USA,
June 18-19, 2018

## ABOUT

The DeepSpec @ PLDI 2018 workshop will bring together researchers interested
in Deep Specifications. Our goal is to promote the development of new science,
technology, and tools–for specifying what programs should do, for building
programs that conform to those specifications, and for verifying that programs
do behave exactly as specified. This workshop will examine the role of
verification in the context of core software-systems infrastructure such as
operating systems, programming-language compilers, and computer chips; with
applications such as elections and voting systems, cars, and smartphones.

The workshop program is now available!

https://pldi18.sigplan.org/track/deepspec-2018-papers

## PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

* Keynote by Mooly Sagiv
  Modularity for Decidability: Implementing and Semi-Automatically
  Verifying Distributed Systems

* DeepSpec project overview by Andrew Appel

* Invited talks from related projects including
  sel4, CakeML, Crellvm, and SiFive.

* Project updates by DeepSpec members

* 5-minute lightning talk session

## REGISTRATION

Registration for the Workshop is now open through PLDI:
https://pldi18.sigplan.org/attending/registration

## LIGHTNING TALKS

We are soliciting 5-minute lightning talks. Please contact Steve
Zdancewic (stevez at cis.upenn.edu) and Stephanie Weirich
(sweirich at cis.upenn.edu) if interested.

## The Science of Deep Specifications

More information abut the DeepSpec project is available from
https://deepspec.org/