[TYPES/announce] PhD Student in Software Security and Formal Methods

Musard Balliu musard.balliu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:35:54 EDT 2018

*Project description*

Third-cycle subject: Computer Science

The PhD student will contribute to cutting edge research in the area of
Software Security. Our research focuses on developing novel security
models, defensive mechanisms and tools for finding and fixing security
vulnerabilities, and  writing code that is secure by construction.  Modern
applications are heterogeneous entities spanning different languages,
components, and platforms. The project will tackle the challenge of
heterogeneity in developing secure applications for the Web and IoT domain.
We are researching practical mechanisms with formal guarantees (information
flow control, taint tracking, security testing) for enforcing flexible
application-level policies across different tiers, e.g., the client, server
and database. In pursuing the project goals, the PhD student will have the
possibility to collaborate with our high-profile academic and industrial
partners. The PhD student will also benefit from interactions with local
researchers working on TrustFull, a new project on fullstack security.

The ideal candidate should have strong interest and good knowledge in
programming languages, verification and security. Prior experience with
techniques such as static/dynamic/hybrid program analysis, program
transformation, symbolic execution or SMT solving is a plus.

For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Musard
Balliu (http://www.csc.kth.se/~musard/)  and Prof. Mads Dam (
http://www.csc.kth.se/~mfd). Musard's home page contains information about
the latest research and the recent tools, such as JSLINQ and EnCoVer.

For details on the position see:
https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:215248/where:4/