[TYPES/announce] Seeking postdoc for information-flow type systems at the hardware/OS level

Andrew Myers andru at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Jul 24 10:45:53 EDT 2018

Ed Suh, Zhiru Zhang, and I are co-designing hardware and software to
control secure information flow. This project involves the design of
type systems and languages at multiple levels: the hardware description
language, the instruction-set architecture, and the operating system
APIs. For a sense of the flavor of the project, you can look at our
existing papers in ASPLOS 2015, DAC 2017, and (conditionally) CCS 2018.
We are looking for a postdoc candidate with solid experience with formal
type systems, especially in proving noninterference or other relational
properties. Some insight and interest in hardware and low-level software
will be a big plus. Please drop me an email if you are interested.

Andrew Myers
Professor
Department of Computer Science
Cornell University