[TYPES/announce] PhD student positions in the Functional Programming group at Chalmers

Alejandro Russo russo at chalmers.se
Fri Oct 19 18:17:38 EDT 2018

** Apologies for multiple copies **

Two PhD student positions in Functional Programming for guaranteed
security in
the Internet of Things

The Octopi Project is led by Alejandro Russo, with Koen Claessen, John
Hughes,
Carl-Johan Seger and Mary Sheeran as PIs. We will develop new ways to
program
securely for the Internet of Things, working on everything from the
programming
model to hardware design. We have already appointed three doctoral
students, and
now we want to appoint two more, with emphasis on ways to express
locality in
computations and also on designing hardware for executing functional
languages
directly and efficiently. Carl-Johan Seger and Mary Sheeran will
supervise the
two new students, and they will join an amazing team. This is a real job
with a
decent salary for five years, and Gothenburg is a great place to live.

The following link gives more details and it is through the link that
you apply
by pressing the button labelled Ansök. The deadline is October 31.

<http://www.chalmers.se/sv/om-chalmers/Arbeta-pa-Chalmers/lediga-tjanster/Sidor/default.aspx?rmpage=job&rmjob=6691&rmlang=SE>

Please consider applying, or advising your best students to apply.

Mary Sheeran, Carl-Johan Seger and the Octopi team
(<https://octopi.chalmers.se/team/>)