[TYPES/announce] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Continuing) at Univerity of Melbourne

Toby Murray tobycmurray at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 22 06:38:39 EDT 2018

The University of Melbourne is currently advertising a continuing
(tenure track) Lecturer / Senior Lecturer position in Cybersecurity,
one of whose primary focus areas includes formal methods for
verification. You can find the job ad here and reproduced below:
http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/897514/academic-opportunities-cyber-security

Feel free to direct informal enquiries about the school to Toby Murray
(toby.murray at unimelb.edu.au)

-----

ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES - CYBER SECURITY

Job no: 0046468
Work type: Continuing
Location: Parkville
Division/Faculty: Melbourne School of Engineering
Department/School: School of Computing and Information Systems
Salary: $120,993 - $139,510 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation

School of Computing and Information Systems
Melbourne School of Engineering

Salary: $98,775 - $117,290 p.a. (Level B) OR $120,993 - $139,510 p.a.
(Level C) plus 17% superannuation

About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE)
At MSE, we are committed to excellence. We are transforming our
engineering and IT teaching and research at the University of
Melbourne, guided by MSE 2025, our ten-year strategic plan. With an
expected investment of $1 billion in people and infrastructure, we are
creating the entrepreneurial leaders and technology of the future —
the people and things that will drive innovation and productivity to
make a sustainable impact on the world in which we live. It’s an
incredibly exciting time to be joining MSE!

About the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS)
We are international research leaders with a focus on delivering
impact and making a real difference in three key areas: data and
knowledge, platforms and systems, and people and organisations. In
this discipline, the School was ranked number 1 in Australia and 14th
in the world in the 2018 QS World University Ranking exercise. At the
School of Computing and Information Systems, you'll find smart people,
big problems, and plenty of opportunities to make a real difference in
the world.

The Opportunity
We are now inviting outstanding academic talent from around the world
with expertise in cyber security ranging from cyber security topics
including; artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography and
privacy, security management, distributed systems and network security
to join our growing school.

With permanent positions available for both Lecturers and Senior
Lecturers, our academics have the opportunity to help to enrich our
collaborative, interdisciplinary research and teaching across our
departments. We encourage you to share your passion with the next
generation of leaders. We look for an ability to engage in thoughts of
new and exciting ways to help the growth and development of our
students, so that with your guidance we can empower them to unlock
their full potential.

Whilst these areas are of particular interest, exceptional candidates
from all areas of computer science and information systems will be
considered especially those with research experience in:

Security analytics
Cryptography and privacy
Security management
Distributed systems and network security
Formal methods for verification

Excitingly, you will also make a significant contribution to the
University of Melbourne Academic Centre for Cybersecurity Excellence
(UoM ACCSE) an initiative of the Commonwealth Government through the
Department of Education and Training and one of only two such centres
in Australia.

What you’ll be doing
You will be encouraged to collaborate in research within the School,
the University, and industry and government agencies. You will be an
aspiring leader in Computer Science or Information Systems research,
with ambition to publish in top quality journals and conferences,
mentor research students, and secure independent grant funding to
support a program of research. You will be expected to develop a
research portfolio and contribute to teaching in graduate and
undergraduate programs within the School.

What we offer you
Apart from competitive salaries, our benefits are aimed at recognising
and rewarding the contributions you make. We offer complete
flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit
programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including
generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and
health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and
professional development and we’ll support you in doing what you love.

Academics who regularly engage in practice-developing research and
development activities and have a strong track record of working well
in academic teams and independently are encouraged to apply

How to Apply

Apply online and complete the detailed application form.
You are not required to upload a resume or address the selection
criteria for this position.
You are only required to complete the online application form.

About the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading
universities in the world, at number 1 in Australia and number 32 in
the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings
2017-2018). We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive
and committed to respond to the major social, economic and
environmental challenges of our time.

While we take a look at your application, get to know us more and find
out what it’s like working at CIS by visiting
http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/departments/school-of-computing-and-information-systems

The University of Melbourne and MSE is strongly committed to
supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. Applications
for part-time or other flexible working arrangements will be welcomed
and will be fully considered subject to meeting the inherent
requirements of the position.

Close date: 11 Nov 2018 (extended from 28 Oct 2018)