[TYPES/announce] PhD position in Computer Science / Systems Biology, university of Lille (France)

Cédric Lhoussaine cedric.lhoussaine at univ-lille.fr
Fri Mar 1 04:41:24 EST 2019

Dear all,

We are looking for a PhD student to work in the BioComputing group (University of Lille) on formal methods (especially inspired by logic and semantics of programming languages) for modeling and static analysis of biological systems. More precisely, the thesis entitled “Computational Models of Intestinal Glucose Absorption for Diabetes Prediction”, aims at developing new computational methods for the prediction of glucose intestinal absorption at the physiological and cellular level in order to improve the understanding of diabetes pathology. In addition of having a background in formal methods, we expect candidates interested in health sciences and biology. For more details, see
https://sujets-these.lille.inria.fr/details.html?id=cd11d26e32f040d68aacb7afce93ff3b <https://sujets-these.lille.inria.fr/details.html?id=cd11d26e32f040d68aacb7afce93ff3b>

The thesis will be co-supervised by Cédric Lhoussaine and François Pattou (Professor of Surgery).
The starting date will be September or October 2019.
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact Cedric Lhoussaine (Cedric.Lhoussaine at univ-lille.fr) as early as possible.
The deadline for application is 1st of May.

--
Cédric Lhoussaine
http://cristal.univ-lille.fr/BioComputing