[TYPES/announce] Logic Mentoring Workshop (LMW) 2019 Call for Participation

William J. Bowman wjb at williamjbowman.com
Thu Apr 18 22:46:39 EDT 2019

Please distribute this call widely; send it to your reading groups, your classes, and internal lab lists!

                     Call for Participation
                             LMW 2019
                    4th Logic Mentoring Workshop
                  June 22, 2019, Vancouver, Canada
                         Co-located with LICS 2019
                  https://lics.siglog.org/lics19/lmw.php

The Logic Mentoring Workshop (LMW) will introduce young researchers to the technical
and practical aspects of a career in logic research. It is targeted at students, from senior
undergraduates to graduates, and will include talks and a panel session from leaders in
the subject.

LMW 2019 builds on the resounding success of the first three editions held in 2016, 2017
and 2018. It will be co-located with the Symposium on Logic in Computer Science
(LICS 2019), the premier international forum on theoretical and practical topics in
computer science related to logic. LMW will take place in Vancouver on June 22 before
the main conference.

SPEAKERS

Bob Atkey (University of Strathclyde)
Kuen-Bang Hou (Favonia) (University of Minnesota)
Ohad Kammar (University of Edinburgh)
Étienne Miquey (Inria, Gallinette)
Brigitte Pientka (McGill University)
Sylvain Schmitz (LSV, Paris-Saclay)
Ana Sokolova (University of Salzburg)

PANELISTS

Ohad Kammar (University of Edinburgh)
Ana Sokolova (University of Salzburg)
Kuen-Bang Hou (Favonia) (University of Minnesota)

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

William J. Bowman (University of British Columbia)
Mike Dodds (Galois, Inc)
Sandra Kiefer (RWTH Aachen University)
Filip Mazowiecki (University of Bordeaux)

PROGRAM

A detailed program will soon be available on the LMW 2019 website at
https://lics.siglog.org/lics19/lmw.php

TRAVEL AWARDS

Thanks to the generous support from Amazon Web Services, Galois, NSF and SIGLOG,
we will be able to offer travel awards to eligible participants. The travel support will
consist in refunds for expenses regarding registration and possibly accommodation.
The application form will be available from Monday, April 22. Applicants must fill out
the form and provide a recommendation letter. Please find further details on our website.
The deadline for applications is May 17th and applicants will be notified by May 27th.

We are looking forward to seeing you at LMW in Vancouver!

--
William J. Bowman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science, University of British Columbia