[TYPES/announce] Postdoc and PhD positions in logic and semantics for program verification at Aarhus, Denmark

Lars Birkedal birkedal at cs.au.dk
Mon May 6 05:50:26 EDT 2019

Supported by a generous Villum Investigator Grant from VILLUM FONDEN we
will start a new Center for Basic Research in Program Verification (CPV) in
September 2019 at Aarhus University, Denmark.

We are looking for several postdocs and PhD students to work in the Center for
Basic Research in Program Verification. Research topics include: extensions of
higher-order concurrent separation logics (such as our Iris logic, see
iris-project.org), e.g., to reason about distributed systems; probabilistic
program logics; logical relations for relational reasoning about safety and
security properties; formal modeling of low-level capability machines and secure
compilation; guarded cubical type theory; and Coq formalizations.

Postdoc positions are for two years initially (can be extended upon mutual agreement).

Interested postdoc and PhD candidates are welcome to contact Lars Birkedal <birkedal at cs.au.dk>.
For more information about our previous work, see https://cs.au.dk/~birke/

Postdoc application deadline is July 1, 2019. See
  https://international.au.dk/about/profile/vacant-positions/job/center-for-basic-research-in-program-verification-cpv-is-looking-for-post-docs/
for the official announcement.

PhD applications should be submitted via the Graduate School of Science and Technology
application website:
  http://phd.scitech.au.dk/for-applicants/apply-here/august-2019/phd-students-for-center-for-basic-research-in-program-verification/
Applications are received four times a year, next deadline is August 1, 2019.

Best wishes,
Lars

—
Lars Birkedal