[TYPES/announce] 2 PhD studentships, MSP group, University of Strathclyde, UK

Robert Atkey bob.atkey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 05:54:30 EDT 2019

***                       2 x PhD Positions
***
***         Mathematically Structured Programming Group
***                 University of Strathclyde
***

Applications are invited for PhD study on any aspect of functional
programming, type theory, logic, category theory, coalgebra etc.
Candidates need not have a topic in mind, as we have plenty of ideas!
The positions are expected to start on 1 October 2019, is fully funded
for UK or EU students and will last for 3 years. The MSP group at the
University  of Strathclyde contains some marvellous researchers (if we
do say so ourselves) and prides itself  on its friendly and welcoming
atmosphere. Members of the group are Dr Bob Atkey, Dr Ross Duncan,  Dr
Fredrik Forsberg, Professor Neil Ghani, Dr Clemens Kupke, and  Dr Conor
McBride.

Anyone interested should in the first instance contact Professor Neil
Ghani (neil.ghani at strath.ac.uk) and outline their academic background.
Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.

Please distribute to interested parties.