[TYPES/announce] Final CFP Scheme Workshop 2019 (Deadline: June 7 AOE)

Kristopher Micinski krismicinski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 22:34:23 EDT 2019

Hi all,

This is just a short note to let you all know that the Scheme Workshop
deadline is June 7 AOE. The workshop website is here:

https://thomas.gilray.org/scheme-2019/

Submission instructions are included at the above URL. We are looking
forward to seeing exciting work (of interest to the Scheme community)
at any stage of development.

CFP text below:

We invite high-quality papers about novel research results, lessons
learned from practical experience in an industrial or educational
setting, and even new insights on old ideas. We welcome and encourage
submissions that apply to any dynamic functional language, especially
those that can be considered a Scheme: from strict subsets of RnRS to
other "Scheme" implementations, to Racket, to Lisp dialects including
Clojure, Emacs Lisp, Common Lisp, to functional languages with
continuations and/or macros (or extended to have them) such as Dylan,
ECMAcript, Hop, Lua, Scala, Rust, etc. The elegance of the paper and
the relevance of its topic to the interests of Schemers will matter
more than the surface syntax of the examples used. Topics of interest
include (but are not limited to)

Interaction: program-development environments, debugging, testing, refactoring
Implementation: interpreters, compilers, tools, garbage collectors, benchmarks
Extension: macros, hygiene, domain-specific languages, reflection, and
how such extension affects interaction.
Expression: control, modularity, ad hoc and parametric polymorphism,
types, aspects, ownership models, concurrency, distribution,
parallelism, non-determinism, probabilism, and other programming
paradigms
Integration: build tools, deployment, interoperation with other
languages and systems
Formal semantics: Theory, analyses and transformations, partial evaluation
Human Factors: Past, present and future history, evolution and
sociology of the language Scheme, its standard and its dialects
Education: approaches, experiences, curricula
Applications: industrial uses of Scheme
Scheme pearls: elegant, instructive uses of Scheme

Kris Micinski