[TYPES/announce] Ph.D. positions at University of Copenhagen

fritz at henglein.com fritz at henglein.com
Tue Sep 3 06:49:58 EDT 2019

The Faculty of Science <https://www.science.ku.dk/english/> at the University of Copenhagen <http://www.ku.dk/english> offers a considerable number of attractive Ph.D. fellowships <http://talent.ku.dk/> with application deadline October 1st, 2019.

The Programming Languages and Theory of Computation (PLTC) <https://di.ku.dk/english/research/pltc/> section at the Department of Computer Science (DIKU) <http://www.diku.dk/> welcomes proposals and applications in all aspects of programming languages and systems, computability and complexity theory.  We specifically encourage applications in functional programming language theory, design and implementation technology, including type-based mechanization,
verification, analysis, implementation and optimization.

We research semantic, logical and algorithmic foundations of computing and programming, in particular functional programming; design and implement novel programming and domain-specific languages for emerging and future computer architectures (GPUs, reversible/quantum computing); research and develop secure, private, scalable and verifiable decentralized systems (including blockchain and distributed ledger systems) and smart contract technology; apply to and derive impetus from a number of computer science (e.g. machine learning, probabilistic programming, computational finance, database systems, and logic) and application domains in collaboration with academic and industrial collaborators.

Requirements are solid, documented programming language theory and/or computability/complexity theory foundations, a good command of English, and willingness to live in the world's most livable city <https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/copenhagen-worlds-most-liveable-city>.

We encourage you to send your academic CV documenting your qualifications for programming languages and systems research to a faculty member of the PLTC section <https://di.ku.dk/english/research/pltc/researchers/> prior to applying for a Ph.D. stipend <https://employment.ku.dk/phd/?show=149792> to align your and our interests.