[TYPES/announce] VerifyThis Long-term Challenge starts NOW!

r.e.monti at utwente.nl r.e.monti at utwente.nl
Fri Sep 6 06:42:06 EDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to join the first

VerifyThis Collaborative Long-Term Challenge!
https://verifythis.github.io
or watch the video: https://vimeo.com/357544904

VerifyThis is a program verification competition, which is annually held at ETAPS. During the competition, participants work for 90 minutes on relatively small but intriguing verification challenges.

With the VerifyThis Long-Term Challenge we would like to see how far the formal verification community can get within 6 months if they collaborate to verify a real-world software application.

The VerifyThis Long-Term Challenge is starting now, and it will be open until 29th of February, 2020. We would like to encourage everybody in the formal verification community to participate in this challenge, and to use their tools and technique to tackle parts of the challenges.