[TYPES/announce] PhD student position in the area of analysing JavaScript programs

Gefei Zhang gefei.zhang at pst.ifi.lmu.de
Wed Nov 13 18:05:36 EST 2019

In the Faculty of Computer Science, Communication and Economy of the University of Applied Sciences Berlin (HTW Berlin) we are seeking candidates for a position for four years of

Research Associate (f/m/d) Payment Group 13(§ 12 TVöD i.V.m. der Anlage 1 – EntgeltO VKA) KNr: M 21/19

The main purpose of this part-time (30 hours / week), fixed-term position is the qualification of the successful candidate.  The duties include research and teaching in our faculty.

Tasks:
* Focus of the research is Software Engineering, including Software Modeling, Web Development, Software Testing, and application of formal methods to the analysis of JavaScript programs. The research results should be presented and validated by prototypes.
* The successful candidate will be teaching Bachelor and Master courses on topics out of the aforementioned areas. The teaching load is 3 hours per week. The teaching language may be German or English.
* Part of teaching is the supervision of Bachelor and Master theses.
* Publications in journals and conferences are expected.
* We expect the successful candidate to be participating in the preparation of proposals for external grants.
* We expect the successful candidate to be active in academic services, such as organization of workshops and symposia.

Requirements:
* A master’s degree, which is graded at least as “good”, in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics is needed.
* The successful candidate should be interested in pursuing a PhD in the aforementioned areas.
* Excellent programming skills, ideally in JavaScript, are expected.
* Experience in Web Development, distributed systems, and formal methods in Software Engineering would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of formal methods in Software Engineering would be beneficial.
* Teaching experience would be beneficial.
* Necessary is the knowledge of or willingness to gender and diversity sensitive teaching
* Excellent organization, team-working and communication skills are expected.

HTW Berlin promotes equality of treatment and a non-discriminating environment. We provide excellent frame conditions for the combination of family and profession, and cooperate with the Dual Career Network Berlin. We aim to increase the proportion of women in those areas where they are under-represented, and explicitly encourage women to apply for this position. We will decide in favor of disabled applicants in case of equal qualification.

Applications should  include  the  position  number  KNr.M 21/19 and be submitted to gefei.zhang at htw-berlin.de. Applications submitted by 21.11.2019will receive full consideration.