[TYPES/announce] Multiple PhD (and Master's) positions in Programming Languages and Verification available at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada)

Summers Alexander John alexander.summers at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 16 14:36:09 EST 2019

I'm starting a new research group at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, and am looking to hire and work with excellent and enthusiastic PhD and Master's students on a variety of topics in the field of Programming Languages and Verification. Example research areas include:
Program verification and analysis, particularly for the Rust programming language (cf. prusti.ethz.ch ),
SMT solving and its combination with other mathematical solvers,
Program specification techniques, type systems and formal program logics,
Designing and building programmer-facing deductive verification tools.

More information on my current and prior research can be found on my homepage (currently hosted at my prior institution: http://people.inf.ethz.ch/summersa/ ). All positions come with fully funded individual stipends; interested undergraduate students are also welcome apply for summer internship placements.

Interested candidates should send a CV and a brief message explaining their current situation, research interests, and why this could be a good match for working together. I'm also happy to answer questions: alexander.summers at inf.ethz.ch

Alex Summers
Associate Professor,
Department of Computer Science,
University of British Columbia (UBC)