[TYPES/announce] two academic positions, Imperial, all levels of seniority

Gardner, Philippa A p.gardner at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 23 13:59:07 EST 2019

Dear all,

[Sorry if you receive multiple postings of this email.]

I would like to draw your attention to a current  Imperial advert for two academic positions at all levels of seniority; details found here<https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/ENG01103/two-academic-positions-lecturer-senior-lecturer-reader-or-professor-level/>.  We seek applicants from all areas fo Computer Science, and I would strongly encourage PL, theory  and verification experts to apply.

**Deadline: 8th January 2020**

Imperial normally only advertises for lecturers and senior lecturers. We are  exploring how to systemise the process of senior hires. This is our second advertisement for all levels of seniority.   We think about the junior and senior hires differently: junior candidates should not feel threatened by the call for senior hires, we want to hire junior people; senior candidates should treat this as a unusual opportunity,  due to our goal to expand computer science.

I very much encourage excellent candidates to apply for these positions. Please don’t hesitate to contact me, or other academics in the Department, if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Philippa