[TYPES/announce] Call for participation: PLMW @ PLDI 2020

Wickerson, John P j.wickerson at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 02:41:24 EST 2020

The Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW) is a workshop designed to broaden the exposure of late-stage undergraduate students and early-stage graduate students to research and career opportunities in programming languages. The workshop program will include technical sessions that cover both the history and current practice of core subfields within programming languages, mentoring sessions that cover effective habits for navigating the research landscape, and social sessions that create opportunities for students to interact with researchers in the field.

More details about the workshop are available here:

https://pldi20.sigplan.org/home/PLMW-PLDI-2020

We are especially excited to offer scholarship opportunities for students to attend PLMW. These scholarships will cover the cost of registration for PLMW as well as help defray the cost of travel and lodging.  As an additional benefit, the workshop is co-located with a top programming languages research conference, Programming Languages Design and Implementation (held from June 17–19), and the scholarship will cover registration for that as well.

Applications for attendance and scholarship are due March 13th, 2020, and can be submitted here:

https://pldi20.sigplan.org/home/PLMW-PLDI-2020#Scholarships

We look forward to seeing your application!

Best,
PLMW @ PLDI Organizing Committee
Milind Kulkarni, Purdue University
Stephen Chong, Harvard University