[TYPES/announce] PhD position in Intelligent Tutoring Systems for Functional Programming

Johan Jeuring j.t.jeuring at uu.nl
Sat Mar 21 06:12:20 EDT 2020

The Department of Information and Computing Sciences at Utrecht University invites applications for a PhD position in Intelligent Tutoring Systems for Functional Programming.

The candidate will join the Software Technology for Learning and Teaching Group, led by Johan Jeuring. The focus of the position is on designing new technologies to support students working in an intelligent tutoring system for functional programming. We expect to use techniques from dependently typed programming, refinement types, program synthesis, automated theorem proving, and more to analyse student programs, and to help students in taking the next step when developing a program. The candidate will investigate the design and use of multiple technologies for this purpose, add them to Ask-Elle, our intelligent tutoring system, perform experiments with the system, and improve the technologies based on the outcome of the experiments.

For more information about our work, see

http://ideas.cs.uu.nl/

For further information and instructions on how to apply see:

https://www.uu.nl/en/organisation/working-at-utrecht-university/jobs/5-year-phd-candidate-position-in-intelligent-tutoring-systems-for-functional-programming-10-fte

or contact Johan Jeuring:
j.t.jeuring at uu.nl
http://www.jeuring.net/

The deadline for applications is April 29, 2020.