[TYPES/announce] [HOPE'20] DEADLINE EXTENSION: ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Higher-Order Programming with Effects (co-organised with ICFP'20)

Ohad Kammar ohad.kammar at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 11 13:38:50 EDT 2020

We solicit proposals for contributed talks. We recommend preparing proposals
of at most 2 pages, in either plain text or PDF format. However, we will
accept longer proposals or submissions to other conferences, under the
understanding that PC members are only expected to read the first two pages of
such longer submissions. When submitting talk proposals, authors should
specify how long a talk the speaker wishes to give. By default, contributed
talks will be 30 minutes long, but proposals for shorter or longer talks will
also be considered. Speakers may also submit supplementary material (e.g. a
full paper, talk slides) if they desire, which PC members are free (but not
expected) to read.

We are interested in talks on all topics related to the interaction of
higher-order programming and computational effects. Talks about work
in progress are particularly encouraged. If you have any questions
about the relevance of a particular topic, please contact the PC
chairs, Filip Sieczkowski (efes at cs.uni.wroc.pl<mailto:efes at cs.uni.wroc.pl>) and Ohad Kammar
(ohad.kammar at ed.ac.uk<mailto:ohad.kammar at ed.ac.uk>).

### Invited speaker

Paul Blain Levy, University of Birmingham.

### Covid-19 Updates

1) Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, HOPE will take place online **only**.

2) After a hiatus of 1 year, we were hoping to use submission and
participation data as surrogate measure for the community of, and the
need for, the HOPE workshop. Since the Covid-19 situation may well
skew those numbers, please do get in touch with the PC chairs with any
input about the future of HOPE.

### Important Dates

* Deadline for talk proposals: **May    18th, 2020**  (Monday) [EXTENDED]
* Notification of acceptance:  **June   15th, 2020**  (Monday)
* Workshop:                    **August 23rd, 2020**  (Sunday)

### Submission Link

The submission website is now open:
https://hope20.hotcrp.com/

Programme committee:

Malgorzata Biernacka         University of Wroclaw
Raphaëlle Crubillé
Paul Downen                  University of Oregon
Francesco Gavazzo            University of Bologna
Sergey Goncharov             FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
Jacques-Henri Jourdan        Universersité Paris Saclay
Ohad Kammar       (co-chair) University of Edinburgh
Daan Leijen                  Microsoft Research
Agata Murawska               University of Copenhagen
Filip Sieczkowski (co-chair) University of Wrocław