[TYPES/announce] Research Fellow at UCL - Programming Principles, Logic, and Verification

James Brotherston J.Brotherston at ucl.ac.uk
Mon May 18 14:21:05 EDT 2020

Research Fellow - Programming Principles, Logic and Verification

University College London

The Interface Reasoning for Interacting Systems (IRIS) project, led by
Prof. David Pym (UCL), seeks to understand the compositional structure
of systems and their communications, at all scales from computer code
through distributed systems to organizational structure. We are seeking
a Research Fellow to join our team and conduct theoretical and/or
applicable research in this area.

The research programme will be in the broad area of *verification* from
the perspective of the IRIS project.  We seek candidates with a PhD in
computer science or a closely related area and an interest in any or all
of the following:

  * program analysis and verification;
  * concurrency theory;
  * probability theory;
  * automated reasoning;
  * logic and formal methods.

Previous experience in developing automated software tools is desirable,
but not essential.

The role will be jointly managed by James Brotherston (and David Pym) at
UCL and John Wickerson at Imperial College. While based primarily at
UCL, the role will involve frequent contact with Imperial College and
the other project partners.

The post is offered for 12 months initially, but is extensible up to 36
months.

Informal enquiries prior to application are welcome and should be
directed initially to James Brotherston at J.Brotherston at ucl.ac.uk.

Apply at:  https://tinyurl.com/yctdne4y

More info on IRIS at: https://interfacereasoning.com/