[TYPES/announce] Short-term and long-term mentors needed for ICFP

Talia Ringer tringer at cs.washington.edu
Mon Jul 27 19:54:03 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm running a mentorship program at ICFP this year:
https://icfp20.sigplan.org/track/icfp-2020-mentoring

We are looking for both short-term (ICFP only) and long-term (beyond ICFP)
mentors. Faculty, post-docs, industrial researchers, and senior graduate
students are all welcome to serve as mentors. Right now we are especially
short on people who are willing to serve as long-term mentors. Long-term
mentors will act as an external point of contact for a researcher as that
researcher navigates a career in PL. Exactly what this looks like is up to
you and your mentee, but one example might be just tuning into your inbox
for occasional questions by email, and meeting up for coffee during
conferences.

To sign up, just check the relevant boxes when you register for virtual
ICFP, and list information about what you are willing to discuss with your
mentee to facilitate matching.

Please sign up to mentor if this is something that interests you! And
please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested.

Talia