[TYPES/announce] Assistant Professor in Formal Methods @ DTU Compute

Alceste Scalas alcsc at dtu.dk
Tue Jan 19 10:38:07 EST 2021

DTU Compute (Technical University of Denmark) is recruiting a Tenure
Track Assistant Professor in the Formal Methods section:

  * details:
    https://www.dtu.dk/english/About/JOB-and-CAREER/vacant-positions/job?id=78af4617-2d83-4775-b7ed-f46dbbcac8ee
    <https://www.dtu.dk/english/About/JOB-and-CAREER/vacant-positions/job?id=78af4617-2d83-4775-b7ed-f46dbbcac8ee>(also
    below)

  * application deadline: 28 February 2021
    (note: in the link above, in the "Apply for this job" box, you may
    see an earlier deadline --- it will be fixed soon)

  DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Formal Methods

If you are establishing your career as a scientist and you are looking
for the best possible foundation for fulfilling your dreams and
ambitions in the area of formal methods, it is right here in the section
on Formal Methods at DTU. We are looking for a tenure-track assistant
professor to join our vision of a safe and secure digital society
supported by reliable and trustworthy IT-based systems with
theoretically well-founded guarantees. You will help us lead the
advancement of scientific knowledge in this area and to educate new
generations of computer scientists and engineers.

The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding
and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for
academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect
and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by
offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and
postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of
at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the
form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure
track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment
committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Associate
Professorship. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at
this homepage
<https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/recruitment-process/tenure-track>.

      Responsibilities and qualifications

You will be conducting high-quality scientific research at international
level, publishing your results in highly-reputed venues, combining
theoretical and practical aspects of formal methods, as well as leading
and participating in collaborative research projects. You will take part
in the development of research-based teaching at the bachelor, master,
and PhD levels at DTU. Our teaching portfolio includes courses in topics
tightly connected to our research expertise and activities: models of
computation, programming languages, semantics, interpreters and
compilers, formal methods, program analysis, model checking, security,
and distributed and concurrent programming. You will be strengthening
our research and research-based teaching competences within formal
methods, and expanding them in new directions.

You will be responsible for the teaching of courses. Master and PhD
courses are taught in English, while bachelor courses are taught in
Danish and in English.  You will be expected to learn Danish and be able
to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.

As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).

You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications
stated above and the following general criteria:

  * Experience and quality of teaching
  * Research experience
  * Research vision and potential
  * International impact and experience
  * Societal impact
  * Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with
    industry
  * Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
  * Communication skills

      Salary and terms of employment

The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the
Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the
position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in
agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification
requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on
Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities
<https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=212083>.

The position is available from July 1st or according to mutual agreement.

      Further information

Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Alberto Lluch
Lafuente (albl at dtu.dk <mailto:albl at dtu.dk>). You are welcome to contact
him before submitting the formal application.

You can read more about DTU Compute’s section for Formal Methods at
www.compute.dtu.dk/english/research/research-sections/formalmethods
<http://www.compute.dtu.dk/english/research/research-sections/formalmethods>.

If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on
working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark
<https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark>.

      Application procedure

Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 28
February 2021 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF
file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply,
please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application
form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file
must include:

  * Application (cover letter)
  * Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
  * CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index, and
    profiles in ORCID (see http://orcid.org/ <http://orcid.org/>),
    Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com/
    <https://scholar.google.com/>) and DBLP (https://dblp.uni-trier.de/)
  * Teaching portfolio
    <https://learninglab.dtu.dk/english/Resources/Teaching-Portfolio>
    including documentation of teaching experience
  * Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)

All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race,
religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.

      DTU Compute

DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic
environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics,
computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and
innovation of high international standard - producing new knowledge and
technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term
involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data
science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart
and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.

      Technology for people

DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite
research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world
and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable
Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a
clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering
to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,000 students
and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an
inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus
is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde
and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.

--
Alceste Scalas<alcsc at dtu.dk>  -https://people.compute.dtu.dk/alcsc
Assistant Professor @ DTU Compute - Section for Formal Methods