[TYPES/announce] Post-doc position in Programming Language Foundations at University of Glasgow

Simon Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 05:51:32 EST 2021

University of Glasgow
College of Science and Engineering
School of Computing Science

Research Associate
Ref: 051207
Grade 7: £35,845 - £40,322 per annum

We have a position for a Research Associate to support the research of
the Head of School, Professor Simon Gay, by collaboration on topics of
mutual interest in the broad area of programming language foundations.

The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the
formulation and submission of research funding proposals, in order to
further develop the activity of the Programming Languages research theme
within the School of Computing Science.

The position is full time with funding up to 31st July 2024 in the first
instance.

You should have a PhD in some aspect of programming language
foundations, or have equivalent research experience. You should have a
track record of publication and communication of research results.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to): type systems,
session types, mechanised metatheory, effect systems, semantic typing,
formal semantics, design and implementation of experimental programming
languages or tools.

We seek applicants at an international level of excellence. The School
of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow has an international
research reputation, and Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, offers an
outstanding range of cultural resources and a high quality of life.

Programming language research in the School of Computing Science spans
the FATA (Formal Analysis, Theory and Algorithms) and GLASS (Glasgow
Systems Section) research sections and involves five academic staff with
a current portfolio of five funded research projects. We have our own
seminar series (PLUG) as well as contributing to FATA and GLASS seminars
and the Scottish Programming Languages Seminar.

*Coronavirus / COVID-19*

Considering the current travel restrictions, interviews will be held
remotely. We will also be flexible about the starting date and working
practices.

*Further information*

For informal enquiries or further information, please contact Professor
Simon Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk.

*Application details*

Online advert at jobs.ac.uk:

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CEK204/research-associate

Glasgow University online application system:

https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=051207

Closing date: 25th March 2021

It is the University of Glasgow’s mission to foster an inclusive
climate, which ensures equality in our working, learning, research and
teaching environment. We strongly endorse the principles of Athena SWAN,
including a supportive and flexible working environment, with commitment
from all levels of the organisation in promoting gender equality.

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.