[TYPES/announce] Lectureships available at Royal Holloway, University of London -- Computer Science and Information Security (multiple posts)

Nicola Paoletti nclpltt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 06:25:38 EDT 2021

================================
Application closing date: midnight 5 July 2021
Interview date: week commencing 19 July 2021
Please apply at:
- https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=0621-185 (Computer
Science)
- https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=0621-184 (Computer
Science with Cyber Security)
================================
The Department of Computer Science at Royal Holloway is looking to appoint
an experienced academic to support its research and teaching.

We carry out outstanding research and deliver excellent teaching at both
undergraduate and postgraduate level: we ranked 11th in the Research
Excellence Framework (REF 2014) for the quality of our research output, and
in teaching we are in the top 10 in the UK for graduate prospects (Complete
University Guide 2021).

Over the past seven years, we have undertaken an ambitious plan of
expansion: sixteen new academic members of staff were appointed, new
undergraduate and integrated-masters programmes were created, and six new
postgraduate-taught programmes were launched. We are involved in multiple
inter/multidisciplinary activities, from electrical engineering to
psychology and social sciences. Recently Royal Holloway launched a catalyst
for “Transformative Digital Technologies, Security and Society”, which we
aim to contribute to. Our research strength also generates significant
interest and collaborative opportunity from universities and third stream
partners.

We are now recruiting an academic member of staff who can complement or
strengthen our existing research, which falls broadly within Intelligent
Systems, Machine Learning, Algorithms and Complexity, and Programming
Languages and Systems; we also have strong connections with the Information
Security Group.

We particularly welcome applications from researchers in Artificial
Intelligence and Machine Learning, Systems and the Internet of Things,
Distributed Systems and Security, and Networking, but we welcome
exceptional candidates from all disciplines in Computer Science and those
who can also contribute to the new catalyst(s).

The successful candidate will help us seek and seize opportunities for
research funding and industrial engagement. They will hold a PhD or
equivalent, and will have a proven research record in any of those areas,
with a solid background in the underlying theory. Experience in attracting
funding, engaging with industry, or contributing to outreach activities
would also be valuable.

The appointee will be expected to contribute across the full range of
departmental activities, including undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
and the supervision of mainstream projects over a wide range of topics. In
particular, duties and responsibilities of this post include: conducting
individual or collaborative research projects; producing high-quality
outputs for publication in high-profile journals or conference proceedings;
applying for research funding; delivering high-quality teaching to all
levels of students; supervising research postgraduate students.

This is a full-time and permanent (tenured) post, available from August
2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is based in Egham, Surrey,
within commuting distance from London, Europe’s most dynamic technology hub.

For further details of the Department see
https://royalholloway.ac.uk/research-and-teaching/departments-and-schools/computer-science/
or contact the Head of Department at carlos.matos at rhul.ac.uk.

--
Nicola Paoletti
Lecturer - Department of Computer Science - Royal Holloway, University of