[TYPES/announce] Vacancy for a PhD in Computer Science and Functional Programming

Edison Mera mera at process-design-center.com
Thu Jul 8 04:38:14 EDT 2021

Vacancy -- Ph.D. in Computer Science & Functional Programming

**Process Design Center (PDC)
**PDC is seeking a Ph.D. in Computer Science & Functional Programming
with good analytical skills, interested in solving problems requiring
non-trivial algorithms. PDC is at the forefront of creating a new
industry. PDC is a diverse and international team of highly educated and
creative individuals (75% doctorates) using Human + Artificial
Intelligence to arrive at better solutions. We believe innovation is a
joint effort. Thus, our colleagues, partners & clients are at the center
of our success.

Among our clients are the major players in the industry as well as
startups, investors and governments.

Be aware that our website www.process-design-center.com is
heavily outdated and is currently redesigned, rewritten, and generally
revitalized, and we hope to finish the new website in Q3 of this year.

**Responsibilities**

-   You will be in charge of the development of the new Decentralized
    Applications (DApps) / SmartContracts for the future products of the
    Company
-   Use the Cardano protocol (test, develop and deploy DApps on this
    platform)
-   Actively participate in multi-disciplinary research projects

Requirements

-   A finished PhD in Computer Science, no more than 5 years after
    graduation
-   Functional programming expertise, in particular coding in
    Haskell/Plutus
-   Experience in formal software verification methods and techniques
-   Experience in other programming languages is an advantage
-   Familiar with automated testing, continuous integration and
    development
-   Experience with open source development tools
-   Knowledge in cybersecurity and cryptography concepts such as
    encryption, digital signatures, asymmetric keys, etc.
-   EU passport
-   Creative, laser-focus
-   Self-propelling and proactive
-   Ability to work well in a team but also independently
-   Good communication skills and a strong command of the English
    language
-   Willing to move to Breda - Netherlands

**The Challenge & Personal development **

Our philosophy:

-   Learning-on-the-job is the most effective approach that we adopted
    to coach our people.
-   Blending young and experienced people to arrive at innovative
    results.
-   we present opportunities for our people to take direct
    responsibility. This way, we empower them, accelerate their growth
    and give them the freedom and the space to create and innovate.
-   We invest in your future by allocating resources to build on our
    joint ambitions.

Contact

Interested? Please apply by sending your CV and application letter in
English by e-mail to our CEO Hans Keuken:
keuken at process-design-center.com

PDC provides gender-equal job opportunities and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment with regard to any
characteristic protected by law.