[TYPES/announce] Academic positions in cybersecurity, University of Glasgow, UK

Simon Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Aug 30 09:33:53 EDT 2021

University of Glasgow - School of Computing Science

Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Reader in Cybersecurity

Salary:

Grade 7 (Lecturer) £35,845 - £40,322
Grade 8 (Lecturer) £44,045 - £51,034
Grade 9 (Senior Lecturer / Reader) £52,560 - £59,135 per annum.

The University of Glasgow, established in 1451, is a member of the UK's
Russell Group of leading universities. The University is committed to
enhancing its position as one of the world's great broad-based
research-intensive universities.

The School of Computing Science invites applications for the post of
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Reader (based on experience and
qualifications) in Cybersecurity.

We are particularly interested in applicants with outstanding
achievements in areas covering embedded and networked systems security
and resilience, operating systems security, hardware security, data
privacy, and cryptography.

Applicants with expertise in formal approaches to security, including
programming language approaches, are welcome.

We have a long-standing record in areas spanning topics related to the
security and resilience of networked systems, and the security and
safety for Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS). We have expanded our portfolio
into hardware security, software verification, IoT privacy as well as
human-centered and usable security. We are currently hosting two out of
the nine projects funded nationally by the UKRI digital security by
design Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) in 2020 to explore
hardware capabilities in designing secure systems. We have also recently
been awarded five out of a total of eighteen projects from the 2nd
Strategic Research Fund (SRF) Funding Call of the PETRAS National Centre
of Excellence for IoT Systems Cybersecurity. We are hosting the Cyber
Defence Lab, a unique laboratory facility providing exclusive access to
a set of safety-critical network infrastructures, hosting data from
digital twins of several UK critical infrastructures.

You will develop, lead and sustain research of international standard in
Computing Science; contribute to teaching, assessment, project
supervision, and curriculum design at undergraduate and postgraduate
levels; and participate in School management and organisation.

For appointment at Reader you will have an outstanding track record of
national and international distinction and leadership in research,
including publications, income and awards, bringing external recognition
and distinction to yourself and the University.

Two positions are available.

These positions are equivalent to US tenure track Assistant or Associate
Professor.

For further details please visit:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.flipsnack.com/UofGRecruitment/lslr-in-cybersecurity-063667.html__;!!IBzWLUs!FM3O4BKycMScH-tQlob9HOYD2pF5Y1XR1idL3_Xvc8k9uez2btxYFSAH7HN_S2cU_pM16c5YgTmV-Q$

We strongly endorse the principles of Athena SWAN, including a
supportive and flexible working environment, with commitment from all
levels of the organisation in promoting gender equity. We particularly
welcome applications from women and other groups who are traditionally
under-represented in Computing Science.