[TYPES/announce] Research Fellows in Logic at UCL, London

Pym, David d.pym at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 09:30:32 EDT 2021

[Apologies for cross-postings. Please share widely. Thank you.]

I am looking for Research Fellows in Logic to join me in UCL’s PPLV group
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pplv.cs.ucl.ac.uk/welcome/__;!!IBzWLUs!DTDptt52ywEVFd63zIz4-H_yv468BNNZHPAN-q3Jv4fvZ3w5nHsk8sPTGrlsZ5UuqDseCMYipsX7Mw$ ) in London.

I’m interested in the following topics:

- Foundational work in classical, intuitionistic, modal, and substructural logic,
  with a particular interests in

	- proof-theoretic semantics, including primary and categorical approaches, and
	- foundational work in reductive logic and proof-search.

- Applications of logical ideas to systems modelling.

- The development of logical tools for systems modelling, including dynamic, epistemic,
  deontic, and doxastic approaches, with case studies in security and policy
  modelling.

Posts are 12 months in the first instance with possible extensions subject to
agreement. The posts are funded by UK EPSRC grants. Please note that the
closing date is 15 October.

Details, including salary, terms, and how to apply may be found at UCL’s
jobs page:

	https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi__;!!IBzWLUs!DTDptt52ywEVFd63zIz4-H_yv468BNNZHPAN-q3Jv4fvZ3w5nHsk8sPTGrlsZ5UuqDseCMYvWkn9ag$

under Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellows in Logic, specifically

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTg3OTAwMiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjYmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnZhY194dHJhNTA0MTE3OC41MF81MDQxMTc4PTkyNzg2JnZhY3R5cGU9MTI3NiZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MjI0__;!!IBzWLUs!DTDptt52ywEVFd63zIz4-H_yv468BNNZHPAN-q3Jv4fvZ3w5nHsk8sPTGrlsZ5UuqDseCMaJXFzTXw$

For an informal discussion, please contact me at

- d.pym at ucl.ac.uk
- https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/D.Pym/__;!!IBzWLUs!DTDptt52ywEVFd63zIz4-H_yv468BNNZHPAN-q3Jv4fvZ3w5nHsk8sPTGrlsZ5UuqDseCMbACLC8zw$

Thank you,

	David

—
Prof. David J. Pym
Professor of Information, Logic, and Security
Head of Programming Principles, Logic, and Verification
University College London

Honorary Research Fellow, Institute of Philosophy, University of London
Director, UCL Centre for Doctoral Training in Cybersecurity
Editor-in-Chief, OUP Journal of Cybersecurity

d.pym at ucl.ac.uk
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/people/D.Pym.html__;!!IBzWLUs!DTDptt52ywEVFd63zIz4-H_yv468BNNZHPAN-q3Jv4fvZ3w5nHsk8sPTGrlsZ5UuqDseCMa3eicOpA$

Assistant: Julia Savage, j.savage at ucl.ac.uk, +44 (0)20 7679 0327