[TYPES/announce] POPL Calls for Tutorials/Workshops/Student Research Competition

Loris D'Antoni loris at cs.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 16 16:45:44 EDT 2021

Please help us forward the following calls to the appropriate lists and
groups.

CALL FOR TUTORIALS (Deadline Nov 8th)

Tutorials for POPL 2022 are solicited on any topic relevant to the POPL
community. We are particularly encouraging submissions of introductory
tutorials that make the research presented at POPL more accessible to the
participants.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://popl22.sigplan.org/track/POPL-2022-tutorialfest*Call-for-Tutorials__;Iw!!IBzWLUs!CyyKKEvYUsJJu99HdLGfHi5hjCCpmov3MhRMsqBsrhygs8sF9VMZDMFULLv-ixjeCLlloKDfh5Jaug$

CALL FOR VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS

POPL 2022 is planned to occur in-person, but there will be an associated
virtual workshop on January 27th and 28th, 2022! We are trying to maintain
the momentum of inclusive virtual conferences while taking advantage of the
opportunity (fingers crossed) for a strong in-person component. The virtual
conference will be focused solely on interactive activities, not
talk-watching (as main-conference talk videos will be available publicly a
few days prior). The organizers would like to solicit your ideas on how to
use the time.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://popl22.sigplan.org/track/POPL-2022-virtual-workshop__;!!IBzWLUs!CyyKKEvYUsJJu99HdLGfHi5hjCCpmov3MhRMsqBsrhygs8sF9VMZDMFULLv-ixjeCLlloKBQ1AqgHw$

STUDENT RESEARCH COMPETITION (Deadline Nov 12)

POPL 2022 will host an ACM Student Research Competition, where
undergraduate and graduate students can present their original research
before a panel of judges and conference attendees

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://popl22.sigplan.org/track/POPL-2022-student-research-competition__;!!IBzWLUs!CyyKKEvYUsJJu99HdLGfHi5hjCCpmov3MhRMsqBsrhygs8sF9VMZDMFULLv-ixjeCLlloKDCNCWU9w$