[TYPES/announce] Funded PhD positions available at Illinois Tech

Stefan Muller smuller2 at iit.edu
Thu Jan 27 11:25:30 EST 2022

I'm looking for PhD students to join me on one of several projects
relating to programming languages, analysis tools and type systems for
parallel, concurrent and high-performance computing. Projects my group
is actively involved in include:
- Performance analysis and optimization for CUDA kernels
- Static analysis techniques to aid in heterogeneous computing
frameworks for AI-enabled science
- Static analysis of the parallel dependency structure of code in order
to aid reasoning and optimization

I'm also open to new projects along these general lines, according to
the interest and experience of students.

I am looking for candidates with experience in type systems and some
experience (or interest to learn) in parallel, concurrent or
high-performance computing. Additional skills such as compiler building
or use of proof assistants could be helpful on certain projects.

Illinois Tech is located a few minutes from downtown Chicago in the
historic, diverse Bronzeville neighborhood and the location provides
opportunities for connections with the community, including local high
schools. Our high-performance computing group is among the top in the
country and frequently collaborates with Argonne National Labs, just
outside Chicago. Overall, this is an exciting place to be!

The application is here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iit.edu/admissions-aid/apply__;!!IBzWLUs!B2_0c-kPBuBiII5kJapTsnbFFu4jz2XvDKqHbzQkthOI3ELGF98KtM3R62T7xo2r0lMJYhuoFGNQRw$ . The
official deadline is Jan. 31, but applications will be considered after
that and the application is quite straightforward. If you're interested,
do drop me an email since the applications all go into the same pool and
I wouldn't want to miss any.

Let me know if you'd like more information, or see my website:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cs.iit.edu/*smuller/__;fg!!IBzWLUs!B2_0c-kPBuBiII5kJapTsnbFFu4jz2XvDKqHbzQkthOI3ELGF98KtM3R62T7xo2r0lMJYhufLsMROg$

Stefan

--
Stefan Muller
Gladwin Development Chair Assistant Professor